A formal and effective Ergonomic Program when developed by the experts at OPC Inc. should include the following elements;
1. Written Policies about the Ergonomic Program
2. Tie in of the program with OH&S, Wellbeing and Operations
3. Basic Training for all employees about ergonomic principles
4. Formal Training for the OH&S Committee about Ergonomic Hazard Audits and how to make basic improvements to decrease hazard exposures
5. A direct tie in of data about LTD, STD, WCB as well as Benefit usage and Drug usage data (aggregate)
6. An ergonomic Committee comprising Engineering/Design, Facility Management, HR, OH&S, Production & Quality department heads, IT.
To learn more about how Optimal Performance works with employers to develop programs which impact production/productivity, quality, errors, cost per unit and health data contact one of our Ergonomic Consultants at INFO@optimalperformance.ca
Our team will be running our Nuts and Bolts of Ergonomics Training programs this Fall in Toronto and Vancouver. Contact us about dates, location and timing.