The Ontario Ministry of Labour (“MOL”) has announced that three workplace enforcement blitzes targeting workplace hazards will be conducted by MOL Inspectors this winter:
- January/February: underground mines will be inspected to check hazards that may affect air quality;
- February/March: industrial and construction workplaces will be checked for slips, trips and fall hazards; (these often result from human factors design issues; make sure your ergonomic programs are in place and working effectively)
- February/March: health care workplaces will be checked for workplace violence and harassment. (are all aspects of design including ergonomic design in place which can prevent workplace harassment from taking place?)
- 2013 – on going Ergonomic Inspections all workplaces including offices – called Soft Tissue Prevention. Is your Ergonomic Program, Job Demands Analysis Inventories and Ergonomic Hazard Assessment process in place and up to date?
- Contact the high level ergonomic experts at OPC Inc to learn more and determine how we can help in a tangible and ROI way! Info@OptimalPerformance.ca